Friday, April 25, 2008

Is it to big?

You know how when you make a big purchase and it arrives and then you think "yikes what have we done" well we are thinking "yikes what have we done!"

It's 46 inch's of top of the line Samsung. It's pretty impressive when you play movies on it. We are going to mount it on the wall and we think that will decrease it's size a little.

This is what our lounge looked like before

And this is with the beast!


We are planning to renovate at some stage in the near-ish future and when that happens our living space will be much larger and I think that it won't stand out so much. Well hoping anyway.

4 comments:

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I know what you mean. We recently bought a 52" TV. I didn't want it. I was perfectly happy with our 12 yr old Magnavox 26" TV that you had to wack on the side to get it to turn on. My husband is now very happy that he no longer has to wack the TV, but can just sit back in his underwear and push buttons on the remote (that is brand new and has no tape on the back to hold the batteries in). Men....I tell ya....

Jocasta said...

Yes it is his baby! He was sick of the TV having black space at the top and bottom. Funny thing was when he turned it on it was still there! The settings needed to be changed - his face was priceless.

And 52 inch! I feel better about my little TV now - can you get bigger?

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I'm sure there are bigger TV's out there somewhere...promising to make some man's life more complete. ;) Big TV's do tend to become the focal point in the room, don't they? I think when they are hung on the wall they are less conspicuous. Ours isn't hung yet, either. I'm convinced that the wall will crumble if my husband tries to hang it.

Connie said...

Wow....that is some TV!!! We got a hand me down that is 50" but it is a big freestanding thing...so hideous, but now we're used to it and don't even notice how huge it is. You'll do the same....And what is it with men and big TV's?????????